View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #43
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldlyDubious View Post

If instead, as you say, buying content is similar to the purchase of a right to view something (like, say, a ticket to a show), why can't I do with my "right to view content" what I can do with a ticket to a show? Such as giving it to someone else, or selling it because I don't like it?
If what I buy from media companies is the "right to view some content", and I don't like such content, why am I not allowed to transfer the right to someone else? How is such a thing really a "right"?
Sorry, but you are really comparing apples to oranges. If you buy a license for something, and that license says it is not transferable, then those are the terms of the purchase. If you don't like the terms, don't buy the content, or buy it in a different format that doesn't have the same restrictions.

And sure, if you buy a ticket to a show, you can transfer that ticket to someone else. However, if you buy an airline ticket, most likely the terms of your purchase will indicate that the ticket is not transferable. Again, apples and oranges.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote