View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 02:06 AM   #1
jblitereader
Addict
jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.jblitereader is no ebook tyro.

Device: jetbook lite
Best pdf to text/rtf/whatever I have ever seen

http://www.nitropdf.com/professional/trial.asp

Advantages in the nitropdf pro that I haven't seen in any other pdf to text converter:

(1) Automatically gets rid of line breaks in the middle of sentences. Those of you who have been using pdf to text converters know what I mean. Read this article to know what I mean.

(2) You can tell it in the option to detect and delete all headers and footers.

(3) It's very lite. Installation takes less than 30 seconds for me.

(4) Doesn't take up much computer resources.

(5) You can tell it to convert up to 128 files at any one time and let it run while you do something else.

(6) Absolutely will not stall. I've been letting it convert hundreds of files while I play some games. Again, this puppy doesn't take up much resources at all, unlike the adobe pro version.

(7) 14 day trial. Haha, just keep reinstalling if you don't want to pay $99.99.

(8) Basically, I just got it today and I'm already very impressed. Some of the books I've been telling it to convert are thousands of pages long, and this puppy converted them without any problem.

Compared to nitro, calibre looks like something that was created in the middle ages. Try it out and you'll see what I mean

Last edited by jblitereader; 06-23-2010 at 02:31 AM.
jblitereader is offline   Reply With Quote