View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #11
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Can you really rely on an unattended server to stay up for several months when you're away?
Mine has not crashed in 4 years. The longest it has been up without me rebooting it is 6 months. However, we might not be talking about the same thing. My server is an inexpensive VPS in a data center (Linode), so someone in the center manages power and fixes the hardware.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It would seem to be a lot safer to have your books with you. Pretty much all modern reading devices allow you to store 1000+ books on them - is that not sufficient for your needs?
This is in fact what I do. I run the server for my family and for making new books easily available to my various devices. When traveling I carry my library with me.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote