View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 06:17 AM   #1
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
AZW etc... oddity ....

I apologise if I'm phrasing this post injudiciously, I shall understand if it's removed if so .......
Ummm...

Had some problems transferring some books (bought from a large on-line seller) from Calibre to my latest reader. I found I couldn't transfer some books that are already in my Calibre Library, and already happily loaded onto my existing "old" readers.
[ This followed me switching to Win 8 (mumble mumble....) ]

So I updated to the latest tools for Calibre to see if that would correct matters.

I can now transfer successfully AZW3 and MOBI books, (well, one of each so far, so looks good!) but still not any of the "old" ones, nor any new ones bought that are AZW.
Having never been able to quite "get" what AZW's are anyway, and never - to my knowledge anyway - been able to do anything with them, so I'm not starting from a sound footing, really, am I ...
[I'm afraid I'm more Mr. TechDunce, than Mr. TechWhiz (or even TechComfy for that matter) so simplicity is very helpful ! ]

I should be grateful for any info/help etc.. ( 'cos I never used to have any problems with stuff bought from this source) through PM's if that is more appropriate .......
I have tried Alf, but my comments seem to have vanished in the ether, or my links have stopped working ...

Last edited by carpetmojo; 02-13-2013 at 06:20 AM.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote