View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #45
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
About search: The Replace button is really "Replace/Find Next". This is handy at times, but not when you'd like to verify the result of your fancy regex replace a few times, or maybe even for all hits. If there's not a super-secret-squirrel method* to see it without advancing to the next hit, might I suggest that you add another button/function "Replace/Find", and make them both actually do what they say? Indesign does something like this (see attachment), and it works well.
I do enjoy that functionality in the S&R engines of text editors that have it: Replace current/Replace Current & Find Next/Replace All. It's handy to immediately see the results of the replace a few times before committing to either of the other options.

More of a luxury/wish-list item for me, though. It would be appreciated but certainly not expected.