View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 07:19 AM   #6
mryan3
mryan3 began at the beginning.

Device: iRed Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribble View Post
It looks like physical damage to the underlying glass layer. Normally this happens only due to pinpoint pressure on the screen. Like drop something on the screen or carry a phone between your palm and your screen. It is like ly, that this damage will grow a bit more, due to the crack in the glass lengthening. This is usually not something that is covered by warranty. A screen replacement costs 275 Euros as far as i know.

But to be sure, you ill have to send it in and have a technician examine what happened.
I will most certainly send it in for examination and, even though it is incorrect, I thank you for your opinion. If there is physical damage to this device, then it was caused by woefully substandard manufacturing or a really bored poltergeist. When not in use (which is most of the time - but that's another story), my Iliad is it in its leather case, lying flat on a high shelf with nothing on top of it. Furthermore, I don't bring it with me anywhere and I certainly don't make a habit out of beating the screen with a telephone. The screen was flawless up to the precise moment that the device began to install firmware 2.12 and the glitch appeared suddenly while the device was not even being touched, sitting on the coffee table. I sincerely hope that the iRex technicians do not have the same opinion that you do, because I wouldn't pay 275 Euros to fix this device if my life depended on it.

Thanks again.
mryan3 is offline   Reply With Quote