View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 06:21 PM   #2
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiGal777 View Post
Hi everyone

I bought some books on Amazon that were DRM-free (I even confirmed with the publisher that they were.) But when I download them for Kindle 4 PC, all I get is a DRMed file.

To try to figure out what was going on, I redownloaded some past purchases of ebooks from the archive that I KNOW do not have DRM (from different publishers), and they're all DRMed.

I know that when downloading an ebook to transfer to Kindle it will have DRM, but in the past, when choosing to download it to Kindle 4 PC, any DRM-free books have had a .mobi or .prc extension and I've been able to open on Calibre.

Now, they all have a .azw extension and Calibre can't open them. I'm contacting Amazon to figure out why, but haven't gotten a satisfactory response yet.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?
SFG
I haven't noticed anything like that.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote