View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 04:36 AM   #3
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I suspect the library got a good deal on the Ipads, lessening the impact on taxpayers. And given the dominance of Apple in the market, they may have wanted to use systems in the library that parents might be using at home.

Our suburban library is big on desktop computers and internet access -- and was a huge convenience to me when we lost power for a week in 2011 after the Halloween blizzard ... and then for another week in 2012 after Sandy. I know that even in our affluent town there are families that can't afford relatively modern computers and high speed internet -- the library offers hardware and access for kids to do their homework.

Unfortunately, our county library does have a theft problem (I suspect many do) and I don't know if portable (and easily concealable) Ipads would be a good idea.

Last edited by cromag; 03-27-2013 at 04:37 AM. Reason: EDIT: Harry is just ever so much quicker than I am on the "Enter" key!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote