View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Erkhyan
Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.Erkhyan can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: Kobo Touch
Full-page illustration that doesn’t interrupt the text

How can I insert a full-page illustration in an epub file without interrupting the text? For example, I have something like this:
Code:
<p>Here comes the first paragraph of text...</p>
<div>
  <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" height="100%" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" version="1.1" viewBox="0 0 600 800" width="100%" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink">
    <image height="800" width="600" xlink:href="Illustration.jpeg"></image>
  </svg>
</div>
<p>... then the second paragraph comes here, and the story continues.</p>
My problem with such a code is that as soon as it meets the image, the reader interrupts the text, inserts a page jump, displays the illustration, then continues the text on the page next to it.

What I’d like to do, in human language, would be to insert a tag that tells the reader "insert this image as soon as you can, but don’t break the text’s flow for it".
Erkhyan is offline   Reply With Quote