View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 07:45 AM   #1
dpayment
Connoisseur
dpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enoughdpayment will become famous soon enough

Device: PocketBook Pro 902, EB-1150, PRS505, PRS700, Jetbook, Hanlin V3, Kobo
Thumbs down Jetbook Color & Windows CE

Please, please, please tell me that someone out there is working on a replacement OS for the Jetbook Color. I've had my JBC for about a month now, and so far as I'm concerned, it's a terrific device with excellent hardware, but it's missing so much potential because of a total crap operating system. I'm on my 15th or so ereader now, I've been using them since they first came out, and this is the poorest execution of ereader software I've experienced. Almost no preference options, single font with limited sizes, and I have to make three counterclockwise "rotate Page" selections to read in two page mode with the next page button under my right thumb instead of a single clockwise rotation? In addition, while I have no real ability to measure it, I'm pretty sure that like all Windows variants, WinCE is a resource hog!

I want the option of being able to reopen directly to the page I was reading when I shut the device down. I want the option to be able to configure what details (title, author, series nr. etc.,) are visible in the library view. I want to be able to configure what I see on the home page.

For the first color large format ereader, the JBC had the potential to set the level for others to aspire to, they gapped it bigtime!!!

Last edited by dpayment; 10-03-2012 at 10:49 AM. Reason: grammer corrections
dpayment is offline   Reply With Quote