Thread: PRS-T1 Google Market/Play
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
idle
I Do Like Ebooks
idle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheeseidle can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocketbook Ultra 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchelln View Post
Easiest way is just to browse and install from the Google Play Store website. You can simply install to the device as long as you have sync turned on. Saves some precious ROM space of the PRS-T1 as well.

It's worth noting that an awful lot of software will not install on the T1, which is probably why a lot of your searches in the actual app are not returning anything.
Thanks, that's basically what I was trying to do, but the Play website thinks I have no device and so it doesn't let me do anything. I must be doing something wrong then.

It used to work a few weeks ago, I think I installed some apps through Play website, at least I tried to, because there was so little space. Now I have enough space (went the complicated way and repartitioned), but the Play website doesn't see my device since I rerooted.

I thought it might be the Market app too obsolete now, but there could be another reason why it doesn't work. I did enable "Background data" and "Auto-sync" options as the wiki says, don't know if there is anything else I'm supposed to do.

Update: OK, about half an hour ago I did the old trick and reinstalled the Market app. Right now Google Play decided to communicate with it after all. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by idle; 07-11-2012 at 10:14 AM.
idle is offline   Reply With Quote