View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #42
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
It doesn't surprise me that Windows 10 is going to be free, because it seems that there's somewhat of a lack of interest in updating an OS given the figures still using Win7 (I'm in that): 48.14%, and XP: 28.47%.

That XP figure is extraordinary given that XP came on the market in 1999 (perhaps)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Thanks , but it's still the second highest OS in use and that suggests to me a lot of resistance to change. Or perhaps general disinterest .....
People tend not to notice the version of the operating system, so the concept of upgrading never occurs to them.

You stick with the operating system that came with your hardware.

I'm currently working at a very large international corporation, and we are still running Windows XP. It's mostly a matter of accounting: it costs millions to upgrade beyond XP. What the bean counters don't account for is the improved boot times, security and other features.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote