View Single Post
Old 03-17-2006, 08:08 PM   #24
Snappy!
Addict
Snappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura aboutSnappy! has a spectacular aura about

Device: SHARP Zaurus C1000
So it appears that its wifi is not locked totally. Hey Nick, any idea if the wifi can be switched off? I'm sure that will save some power.

How abt the touch screen? Some TabletPC's touchscreen can be turned off via a hardware button.

30secs to boot up is erm kinda slow. My notebook resumes from hibernation (which is effectively powered off) in about that time and its only because I have 1.25gb (yes gb) of ram, so it takes longer to hibernate and resume (writing 1.25gb of ram to hdd takes awhile, esp on a notebook with 4200rpm hdd). On other machines with 384mb ram or 256mb ram, hibernation and resume can be as fast as 10+ secs.

Granted, its not a big thing if usage pattern is reading the ebook for a few hours at a time, and if batt life is good enough, one would prob not need to switch it off ever.
Snappy! is offline   Reply With Quote