View Single Post
Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarisea View Post
May I ask a question out of pure curiosity. Why doesn't the left alignment of the checkmark or the x match the left alignment of my "!". It so doesn't matter, I'm just curious.
It is one of those weird development toolkit things.

In Qt, the graphics toolkit that calibre uses, the cell that contains the information is divided into (at least) two areas: one for an icon and one for text. The text is to the right of the (possibly empty) icon. The result is that all the text is left-aligned just to the right of the icon's slot.

There is a way to remove the empty icon cell so that the text would align left under the icons. I don't trust my UI credentials enough to say whether or not this would be better.

Edit: here is an example of what it would look like. The first is what it is today. The second is what it would be if the "empty" icon was removed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.png
Views:	439
Size:	2.7 KB
ID:	99885   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.png
Views:	429
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	99886  

Last edited by chaley; 01-22-2013 at 09:40 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote