View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
A tablet can be a reader but a reader can't be a tablet. I believe JS Wolf's point was that the OP's thread title is eReaders Doing Tax Returns then went on to post about tablets doing so. Hence the statement a tablet isn't a reader. The fact that you can read on a tablet is irrelevant to the topic.

It's extremely doubtful to me that you can use an ereader, rooted or not, to file your taxes the way you could on a tablet.
Murky area there. Is a rooted nook etc. a tablet and many people have argued that they are. And I have no idea whether an ereader can do a tax return.

I don't think that was JS wolf's point at all but who knows for sure.
Quote:
A tablet is not a reader. It's a multifunction device that can function as a reader if there is a suitable app installed
Just says a tablet is not a reader. And he is right by most definitions of readers although some tablet apps read books aloud which could be contrued as reading. I do not see anything in his post about ereaders doing tax returns and I am not privy to his innermost thoughts.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote