View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 09:11 AM   #71
MV64
Addict
MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MV64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by bashfulbanshee View Post
Eeeenh. Indie authors aren't necessarily better than published authors, and vice versa. Twilight clones exist on both sides of the fence. Why? Because it's still making money. Not everyone writes original and mind-blowing novels. Quality or originality isn't the domain of one business model. When it comes to e-publishing, what is on the domain of one business model is more control on price, and the other business model has more resources when it comes to marketing. That's all there is. I try to help out with promoting indie books that *I* like and making it easier for others to buy indie, but Sturgeon's Law applies to everything.
Sadly it's all about marketing. Right now vampire books sell. Whatever is easiest to market is what will be written. It's not about "I have a good story to tell" anymore.
MV64 is offline   Reply With Quote