View Single Post
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Is Writer2Epub as good as it seems?

I just downloaded Writer@Epub and I'm using it in LO 4.0.4.2 and if I'm not dreaming, this is the best thing I've seen. I've used it for .odt files AND .doc files and except for some tiny twitchy stuff (in a long paragraph that is italicized it has several interior em tags, and, it seems to arbitrarily split a 75k novel into three separate files) this is the cleanest versions of my stuff yet. Am I missing something? Are there downsides I'm not aware of? Because so far Writer2Epub is like a dream come true. (I won't have hardly anything to do in a text editor anymore.) What I need to know is exactly what W2E is changing (the info page says: 'W2E fixes several formatting errors and generates by default a logical layout, in line with the traditional editorial standards.'

So those "fixes." Are they going to be like Tidy Clean in Sigil, where I can lose text and the changes are going to freak me out. Or is it more like the gentle Pretty Print Tidy?

I mean, what are the downsides to using W2E?
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote