View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
rwhe
Hierodule
rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rwhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, calibre, Android, FBReader
TechniSol and others concerned about the CheapSleep magnet's possibly damaging the screen: I was thinking about this on the bus, and it seems to me that if you have a soft case, if/when the magnet strikes the screen, it's likely to be pushed farther backwards by the hard screen into the soft case than forwards by the soft case into the hard screen.

Although the front of my case does contain a stiffish plastic plate, it's surrounded by neoprene and thus (IMHO) more likely to give than the screen. Once again, if your case is made of diamond or titanium, all bets are off...

This could be folk physics, though. I haven't done the math, let alone experimented. If Kobo would like to donate a spare Glo for use as a crash test dummy, I promise it will find a good home if it survives.
rwhe is offline   Reply With Quote