Thread: MobileRead February 2013 *Category* Poll
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:02 AM   #53
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlet53 View Post
I guess it depends on what one finds frightening or horrifying in a book. Personally I find it impossible to be much frightened or horrified by imaginary things I know can't exist or can't happen. Thus I would find such stories as A Good Man Is Hard to Find or Good Country People by Flannery O'Conner more effective at this. It could even be non-fiction, say In Cold Blood by Truman Capote. I find the knowledge that people like Richard Hickock and Perry Smith really exist out there more frightening and horrifying than any book about vampires, witches, ghosties, . . .
I am similar. I enjoy vampires, witches and ghosts..its humans and their cruelty that frightens me.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote