View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 07:05 AM   #128
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtj1 View Post
If it works on Fedora then I could give it a try in a few weeks when i have some free time to VMware a Fedora image and research how the program works and such.
I don't think k3flasher would work that much better than ATK, and it's even more unlikely in a VM. Rather, a Live-CD would be what I had suggested, but stick with ATK for now.

Quote:
I assume I was right though by typing in the code without the 0x before each line?
Yep. The 0x prefix is hardcoded (and presented as a not editable input box label). But then, adding it shouldn't hurt, in the worst case you'll get a parsing error (can't check right now).

Is there a chance you mistakingly started a flash with a wrong value in the offset field? Well, I've promised to upload the start bytes of the partition plus the bootloader (@knc1: no, I really meant bootloader here, u-boot is stored right after the partition table), and I really need to get to do it soon.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote