View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
dkritso109
Enthusiast
dkritso109 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Calibre newbie needs help with author sort.

first off, i looooove calibre! i have over 10k books and it's a serious issue looking through all of these to find the ones i need. i just love it.

ok here's my problem, i have added about 3,500 books to my calibre library, it has taken me about a month. some have isbn's some don't, so alot i have done manualy. the problem is that when i go into the calibre library folder, every single author is in first name/last name format. but i want it in last name/first name format.

example:

Aaron W. Bayles

i want them like this:

Bayles, Aaron W.

it is not an issue when i use calibre because of course i can just type the last name and *bam*, but i have my books backed-up to an external hdd and when i use another device i have to know an author's first name to find the book i want. to tell you the truth i mostly remember author's last names and alot of authors have the same first names. so you can see my dilemma. how can i change the author sort for all 3,500 books i have added, and how can i make it so that all new books are added in the "Bayles, Aaron W." format?

thank you very much in advance for any help with this and donate to calibre this is one of the coolest software i can remember in recent history.
dkritso109 is offline   Reply With Quote