View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:29 AM   #58
bhaak
Groupie
bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.bhaak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Palm IIIx, (iPhone|Kindle) Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
Your assuming she was honest. I'd argue she wasn't since she tried to game the system.
We don't need to assume that she was honest. If she was dishonest she was really stupid at covering her back.

So I think it's a valid guess that she was clueless and that is bad. I'd rather people wouldn't buying DRM ebooks but I can't force them not to but if they do they should be fully aware of what they are doing and what can happen. IMO Lynn didn't know and cases like this help to inform people.

BTW, buying DRM-infected ebooks with terms of use that explicitly disallow removing the DRM and then removing the DRM isn't gaming the system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
As for you wishing honest people getting hurt, what kind of low life person are you?
Cases like this show what Amazon can do (remote wiping MY device that I own!) and these things happen. If people don't know this, they can't make informed choices.

DRM did, does and will hurt innocent and not so innocent people. That's a fact. The sooner the more people are aware of the consequences and the less surprising damage will happen in the future.
bhaak is offline   Reply With Quote