View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 08:04 AM   #1
hakan42
Zealot
hakan42 is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Classic rooted; Galaxy S IV with Aldiko, other older devices
Where is the path of an ebook determined?

Hi,

I want to manage my Perry Rhodan collection with calibre, a weekly series with more than 2500 issues, and other series (about 200 issues in my collection here) that are written in the same setting, largely by the same team of authors. In this use case, this leads to a folders with hundreds of nodes in it, which slows my system down to a crawl.

This series is split into 35 sub-series which contain up to 100 issues each, of which each author writes less than 20.

I would like to modify my local version of calibre so that my directory structure would look like "<Series>/<Author>/<Title>". Before I go digging into the source code, is there any hint where I should start? I have already looked at the database schema, so I hope there is just one single place in the source where the "path" column of the "books" determined

btw, yes, I have read the FAQ and understand that kovid regards the "<Author>/<Title>" directory structure as an internal implementation detail and the GUI as the main search interface. My main problem is the slow-as-molasses implementation of the Windows filesystem as soon as it encounters directories with hundreds of nodes

Regards,
Hakan
hakan42 is offline   Reply With Quote