View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #105
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdfry View Post
My comments are based merely on common sense. If there were even a remote chance why would the faa let you even have any electronic devices on an airplane at all?
Ignoring evidence that electronic devices can interfere with electronics on planes isn't common sense.

By the same token, the fact that some interference might occur does not mean that the interference is *dangerous*. If a passenger in my car uses an electronic device that causes my GPS to stop working, there may be annoyance, but there is no *danger*.

But given that there are several instances (discussed in the other threads) of electronics interfering with a plane's systems, even though there is no evidence that the interference presented any sort of real danger, it is easy to see why everyone involved would like some proof of safety saying anything goes.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote