View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #15007
DrNefario
Wizard
DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrNefario ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Touch, Nook SimpleTouch
I finished Second Foundation by Isaac Asimov last night, the final book of the original Foundation Trilogy. I liked the second half more than the first, and overall, I think I preferred this book to its predecessor, but thought Foundation was the best of the three.

I still don't quite understand why people like them so much. They have an important trailblazing role in the genre, but the quality is just not there. It's a bit like saying Train Arriving at a Station is one of the best movies of all time. (Okay, maybe that's harsh. A better comparison might be a classic silent movie, let's say Modern Times or Metropolis, and while they certainly have their advocates, most people won't get too much out of them now.)
DrNefario is offline   Reply With Quote