View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I find using the annotation fetching in calibre to be an unsatisfactory solution. It gets them and adds them to the comments field, but I don't find that very useful.

You mention an XML metadata file. I assume this is the annot file for for the epub in the "Digital Editions\Annotations" directory of the device. I have recently done some experiments with this.

Copying the file from my Touch to my Glo worked to copy the annotations. So long as the names of all the files and directories involved are the same, it will work. And as I put the books onto both devices with calibre, that was easy.

I could also copy the file to the appropriate directory in for ADE on the PC. That didn't work as well. The annotations were listed, and selecting them went to the right place. But, the text wasn't highlighted. I'm not sure why this was. When I added an annotation in ADE and copied the file back the Glo, the new annotation was displayed.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote