View Single Post
Old 03-22-2010, 06:33 AM   #5
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0 View Post
Jonas777, do you not feel comfortable providing links to this sort of information..? does it go against some TOS agreement clause that I have missed?
I can't give you an exact reference to the TOS but I believe there is something like "only use for intended purpose" or similar. And since Amazon is locking out anything but wikipedia for us outside the US they are probably seeing a risk of a very high bill from AT&T, I do not know what their deal looks like. Maybe they have been able to get a special deal on bytes sent to wikipedia?

Also, this site has a policy against information which they would risk being sued for, like posting how to remove DRM.

Which I hope this is not: Anyway, what you would have to do is get root access (jail brake) to the kindle and change the network configuration to not use a proxy (standard linux knowledge).
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote