View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 04:42 PM   #111
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Anyway... when using Chrome or Firefox on a Windows Vista PC and on an Ubuntu 10.10 PC, I have no trouble downloading the books. However, when I use the K2's browser, it only seems to download a 16Kb (or thereabouts) fragment that won't open properly. There's no error when downloading... only when trying to open the ebook after downloading.
If you have sites that work, could you capture the HTTP headers and post them? It could be that I am not supplying all the headers that the K2 wants, or that the headers I am supplying aren't exactly in the format it wants.

It could also be that the K2 wants smaller packets. Today I read, then write, as much as PHP will let me. This could turn into very large logical packets at the TCP level. Perhaps the K2 prefers packets smaller than X, which is also something that I could arrange if I know what X is (16 KB?).
Quote:
I may have spoken too soon about my nginx + FastCGI setup. I'm seeing some php errors that are barking about undefined variables and undefined indexes (in files in the smarty_template_c folder). I am using the latest Smarty Templates 3.0.x... has that been tested or do I need to back-rev to an older version?
I have tested and used only Smarty V2.6. I have no idea if Smarty V3 works.

If you can back-rev to a 2.X version and see if that fixes things, that would be helpful. If I get some time in the next days, I will upgrade to smarty V3 and see what breaks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote