View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #1
NigelS
Enthusiast
NigelS doesn't litterNigelS doesn't litter

Device: PRS-505
505 vs 600 side by side pics?

My 2yr old 505 has developed an annoying vertical white line down the middle of the page most noticeable when turning pages. Since I bought it from the US (I'm in the UK) I suspect it won't be cost effective to return it for repair/refurb.

So I have been trying to decide whether to buy another 505 (cheaper now), or replace it with a 300 or 600. I love the 505, the screen is just right, but another one might suffer the same problem a year or two further down the line.

The 300 has a similar contrast from what I read on these forums, so I feel that is the way I would go - except the smaller screen = more page turning = less time between battery recharging?

The 600 has the same size screen, but I am concerned I may not get on with the reduced contrast (my eyesight is not too good).

I tried to find comparison photos of actual text being displayed on the 600 vs 505 to see whether the difference in contrast would be a problem for me - but so far nothing useful found.

So I wondered whether anyone has posted any side by side pics of the 505 & the 600 readers showing the comparative contrast/legibility of text?

Thanks
NigelS
NigelS is offline   Reply With Quote