View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
I use a custom field in Calibre to specify what books I consider to be good enough to keep on the tablet. Then when I sync I select them all and changes and additions are transfered over.

So all the books that I would like to have access to are on my tablet already.

After I have added new books to Calibre or fixed some metadata I would like to transfer the changes to the tablet at once. So I would actually like to be able to initiate the sync process from my computer.

Today I have to remove a memory card and insert it into a card reader, then I can use Calibre to very quickly sync my entire collection. But that is a little tedious. That is why I am hoping for CC.

Another way might be to sync from Calibre to a shared folder on the network, and then use some software on my tablet to sync a local copy of that. But that is also one step too many.

Every time I sync there are only a few books that has changed or been added.

Last edited by Adoby; 08-20-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote