View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:35 AM   #62
athlonkmf
Guru
athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.athlonkmf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3, Sony PRS350, iPad 64GB
Quote:
Originally Posted by exvaxman View Post
Updated the firmware with no problems.
I had been using 2 GB SD cards, but with the upgrade "supposed" to be handling 4 GB memory sticks, I was excited and didn't want to wait - went to Best Lie which unfortunatly is what we have in my town for what they said they had in stock - an 8GB memory stick pro duo with adapter for $160. Found a 4GB with adapter for $40 on their closeout area. Have 1.5 GB loaded now, no issues, and will try for more tomorrow. Others may want to check their local stores for deals.

I did have a 4gb SD card that did work - not one of the newer HD types - there was a release of non HD (or whatever they are calling the new standard) SD cards that standard SD devices on recent vintage were supposed to be able to use. I did not load more than a couple of gig to it due to the fact that it was meant for one of my cameras and I didn't want to use it in the Sony. Check newegg.com for any memory cards you need. Only once out of perhaps 50 orders have I ever gotten bad service from them.

On the issue of open source - so long as the Kinoma crap is involved, it will not happen. Blame them for the late release and initial issues.
the problem occurs when you're trying to load more than 2Gb. The first 2 GB is no problem
athlonkmf is offline   Reply With Quote