View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #8
ctol
Groupie
ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ctol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Fire Tablet, Windows RT Tablet Windows Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Thank you very much for posting these. My favourite translation of both the Iliad and the Odyssey are the Richard Lattimore ones, but they are very much still in copyright!
Harry glad to hear you like the Lattimore ones as well. However I also like both the Fitzgerald and Fagles as well. I especially like the Fitzgerald translation because to me it reads much closer to the original Homeric Greek. It did take me a little bit longer to warm up to Fagles though I freely admit.
ctol is offline   Reply With Quote