View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvdv View Post
Hi there,

I saw that your award-winning book Eternity's End is also available for download on your site. I gather that it is the 6th book in te Star Rigger series, but I was wondering: is it possible to read it as a stand-alone novel?

Btw. I think it's great, the way you "embrace" the eBook phenomenon. I plan to visit Smashwords soon...
Eternity's End works fine as a stand-alone novel--and in fact, it's one I often recommend to someone who wants to try my work without getting into a whole series. The Star Rigger books are part of a shared universe, but are all stand-alone, with the exception of Dragon Rigger, which is best read following Dragons in the Stars.

The Chaos Chronicles, in contrast, are a continuing story. You should ideally read them in sequence--though, as with all my series stories, I took care to make the later books understandable even if you come in in the middle.

(Eternity's End, by the way, was a Nebula finalist but not a winner. The award that year went to Catherine Asaro's Quantum Rose.)

One of the reasons I've embraced ebooks as a writer is that I enjoy them as a reader!
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote