View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 05:01 PM   #11
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
I installed the newest version, no problem this time. The keyboard is looking great! And the ghosting is much less indeed than with the original keyboard.

- One glitch I noticed with the shaded (modifier) keys: if you select them (say Shift), then deselect them, they loose their grey shade. However once the keyboard is refreshed (hiding it & back, wake up from sleep) it's OK again.

- General improvements: Can't think of many things. Some improvements, like adding the equivalent of a numeric keypad, aren't worth it since it's not a real keyboard, you'll always be tapping one character at a time anyway... The special characters are there, so are the international ones (I use both french and german myself)...

One thing that I find curious is the replacement of the escape key (which could be used to close the keyboard?) has been replaced with the Euro character, of all things?? I guess it must be the "business" image of the DR1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimulkan View Post
It *is* the same update script as the content browser. In an effort to reproduce the error, I tried installing/uninstalling under every possible situation I could think of. <snip>
Reading over my post, it can be read as implying that you didn't use the same script, but I didn't mean that, I apologize. I meant to say that even tough it -is- the same script, the fact that it crashed so badly might be some other issue, maybe hardware, maybe firmware-related, due to one of the previous updates I ran perhaps.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote