View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #18
hudson
Stunt Programmer
hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hudson has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS500, Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
I think if the iLiad could display while it provides input to another system, it really could compete with the Cintiq, which is overkill for most folks. The Graphire is ok, but I really like being able to look down at what I'm drawing, rather than drawing in one place and looking in another. (I can do that while I type, but I'm not good enough at drawing to get away with it!)
Wacom has just announced a smaller version of the Cintiq, a 12 inch model that is powered over USB.

I haven't made much further progress with the UDP interface for the tablet on my iLiad; it is frustrating to restart my X server all the time since I must restart fifty xterms or so. This would be a good thing to test on a second X server running on :1.0 so that I don't lose all of my other work in the process.
hudson is offline   Reply With Quote