View Single Post
Old 02-15-2022, 06:55 AM   #6
Moonbase59
Zealot
Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Moonbase59 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Tolino Vision 5, Tolino Tab 8"
For people who haven’t yet seen how useful an EPUB3 (with Media Overlays) could be, I’ve made quick screen recordings, using Menestrello on my Android phone and Thorium Reader on my Linux desktop:

I’d so much wish that at least Calibre, and maybe KOReader, would support this—and more publishers use that format, instead of including dumb "download audio files here" links in their e-books… Earnestly, who would want to download and unzip a bunch of MP3 files, manually look up things like "Chapter 01 - Lesson 3.mp3", start a media player and jump around in the file just to hear the pronunciation of a word? When it could be so easy!

EPUB3 w/ media overlays could be such an improvement for language learning, children’s books, etc.

Still, it appears that for now about 8 years, nobody in the publishing scene even cares. Even Alberto Pettarin, developer of Menestrello and the Penelope dictionary converter, seems to have given up in 2015.

Last edited by Moonbase59; 02-15-2022 at 07:00 AM.
Moonbase59 is offline   Reply With Quote