View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:10 AM   #14
M T McGuire
Addict
M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.M T McGuire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
For what it's worth, I write because I have to. It's like a bad crack habit. But you know what they say: "one man's spam is another man's jam." So a lot of people like my books, although they do have to be forced, practically at gunpoint, to sit down and read them. A lot of other people are never going to like my books because fantasy, let alone the humorous stuff, is simply not their bag.

I like my stuff, and it took me at least 13 years to get to the point where I could write a story that I didn't rather wish somebody else had written. So while I see your predicament, I think I've probably reached the stage, now, where I'm confident enough to believe that my stuff is good, even if it doesn't hold a universal appeal. I would guess that every writer reaches that point eventually and then the reader/writer dichotomy doesn't needle so badly.

Cheers

MTM

Last edited by M T McGuire; 10-08-2012 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Left a massive chunk off! (Doh).
M T McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote