View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 08:42 AM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbino View Post
When I hit the fetch the metadata button the next screen reads that calibre can find metadata form Google Books and isbmdb, however thare are two more plugins (Amazon and LibraryThing) active - what's the deal here?
Some plugins are used for identifying the book. Some are used for fetching metadata. Results are combined, but unlabeled. You can turn off plugins and repeat the same search to see what comes from what.

Quote:
Also, sometimes I don't seem to be able to obtain description/reviews, even though they clearly exists on, fe, Amazon (same ISBN, plugin preferences checked).
I've never seen this, but perhaps I haven't noticed. ISBN dominates in a search if entered before the search. Try removing the ISBN, modifying the author or title and you may get better/different results.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote