View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 04:13 AM   #20
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
The oddity I was referring to was that we have already considered a work in public domain, but consider a transcription of that work in another language as not in the public domain. I find that odd - you don't.
If translation from one language to another was a purely mechanical act, I don't think the translated work would have a new copyright.

But translating is a lot more than that. It is also (although not to so great a degree) a genuinely creative act, requiring original thought.
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote