View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:34 PM   #50
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Of course! You're making the case for cloud software, just like I did. Using cloud software is a must these days, as I see it. All I'm saying is: I don't need to have all of the actual files on all my devices. I'm not actively working with 128 GB of my files simultaneously on all my devices. 99.999% of my files are idle and not actively accessed on an everyday basis. As long as I have access to any and all of my files at any time on any of my computers or devices, that's all I need. Universal access is enough -- while keeping multiple copies of static files in passive storage on mobile handheld devices is redundant. For me, 16 GB of storage space on handheld devices serves the above purposes just fine. Other people's mileage may vary.
I do agree that cloud storage is essential. Completely agree with you. However, I prefer to have at least a subset of it synced locally, as well. My iPad is wifi-only, so I'd rather not be stuck without access to my documents if I happen to be somewhere that I can't get wifi. My first iPad was 16GB. I've since gone up to 32GB and now find myself with only a few GBs to spare. I think I'll be moving up to 64GB for my next iPad. So even though I make full use of cloud storage, I do find it a necessity to have ample local storage, too.
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote