View Single Post
Old 05-17-2012, 10:54 AM   #556
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
ColorPDFTools

Another personal itch I scratched. Binaries and source patch attached, if anyone wants them (please read the README before using the scripts - as usual)

Basically, I wanted the option of using different scribble annotation colors.
Therefore, I modified pdf_tools and replaced them by a multi-color version.

Unfortunately, as I have no way of modifying the naboo_reader menu (neither naboo_reader nor gui_shell are open source), I had to do it in a hackish way:
The modified pdf_tools version interpretes stroke 'styles' for black strokes as color information (mapping them to thin lines in red/green/blue/black in the merged PDF).

The scripts allow to switch between the color_pdf_tools hack and Onyx's original version.

@Booxtor: If you could get them to provide me with a firmware version with additional gray-colors enabled (I saw in the source that they defined several levels, but use only black and white for some reason), I would try to integrate this in a better way.
As long as the options for different gray levels are shown in the menu (and the strokes correctly displayed on the original PDFs), I could modify pdf_tools in a way which allows to map the different gray levels to different colors (I tried to pick colors that are distinguishable even on the M92's grayscale screen)...

That being said: I'm actually puzzled they didn't enable different gray levels... I even have the impression that the original pdf_tools version would work with them - and I cannot imagine that they're able to implement different shapes, but not different gray levels (i.e. values in an existing, used variable)

Cheers.

P.S.: Note that the test script relies on the installed set of script_ui_primitives
Attached Files
File Type: zip color_pdf_tools.zip (671.3 KB, 322 views)

Last edited by kodomo; 05-17-2012 at 11:49 AM.
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote