View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 07:21 PM   #12
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
On my 'settings' it shows I've got 100mb available....I"m halfway filled up. Should I buy an sd card? Will it make my Kindle more efficient? In reading your posts, I'm thinking a 2 or 4 gb would be plenty for me.......

And please, someone, explain to me, step by step, how to 'back up' books I have on my Kindle to my laptop. I have no clue how I've gotten as far as I have......

Thanks!
I don't know about more efficient, but it will give you a lot more space, and not for all that much money. I've got a 4GB on mine now, and that should give me enough space to keep about 4,000 books.

Backing up is easy. Just hook your Kindle up via USB. Your book will be detected as a drive on your computer.

On your PC, just create a folder (I called mine "My Ebooks") where you want to back up all of your books. Then move over to your Kindle, and either Control plus click on just the books you want to back up, or ... control plus A to select all, then Control plus C to copy, then move back to your PC and into the folder you created and Control plus V to paste them all in that folder.

There are also some very inexpensive programs that you can purchase to keep your files between the two in sync. My favorite is GoodSync. That will compare both directories and then make copies as necessary to keep everything the same.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote