View Single Post
Old 01-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos
BobR, I can think of two issues with e-libraries off the bat...

1) Conventional libraries only have one copy at a time, meaning that it is only one person with access to it at a time (or as many people as there are copies of one book). E-libraries would be hard pressed to do that.

2) How can they ensure someone would delete the e-book when their borrowing time was over? They probably couldn't, at least not to the degree that a conventional library can...
Actually this is already being handled by some libraries. Even my local library does this, but unfortunately my library only allows you to read acrobat files with an online web reader they supply. They can control how many copies are being checked out so they don't exceed what they've been licensed to. Surely the technology is not the main hurdle.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote