View Single Post
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
Jason_54
Jan from Holland
Jason_54 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Request: Author sort name in colums

It would be very convenient for me to be able to display the author sort name in de viewable colums of Calibre. Now I only can display the authors name, and I like to see the last part of the name first. The only way I can make this happen now is to change the authors name to the Author sort name. A lot of work and red fields as a reward ...

Reaction from Starson17: You're in the recipe area. You want to ask this in the main area, up one level. Repost your question there, and when you do, tell them whether you want two columns, one with First Last and another LN, FN or if what you really want is the author column to be LN, FN. If it's the latter, use the author_sort_copy_method tweak. If the former, you need a custom column. This has been discussed extensively before and some searching may answer your questions.

Starson17, thanxs for your reaction. What I really want is to have the author column to be LN, FN. I've read about the tweak but what it does (as far as I can see) is filling the author_sort column. Thats the one I don't want to change. So both colums should be LN, FN. If that is not possible, then my request (sort name in the column) gives the answer to my wish.
Jason_54 is offline   Reply With Quote