View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
bokolobs
Enthusiast
bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.bokolobs juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: NST, DX, PW1, Voyage, Oasis (1 week), Kobo Aura One (1 week)
Help please: Should I exchange my Paperwhite? (screen pictures)

Hi all,

I got a Kindle Paperwhite last Monday. And even though my expectations were lowered a bit by the reviews and sample pictures of the uneven lighting, I was still disappointed. My Paperwhite has a bit of pink discoloration and dark(ish) spots but not as bad as compared to others who have posted pictures of their screens.

For those who have exchanged their Paperwhite because of the screen, were you successful in doing so? How many units did you go through before you were satisfied? I am thinking of exchanging mine too but I don't think I can go through the hassle of exchanging three times or more.

I have attached some pictures of my screen. Is this as good as it gets? Do you think I should ask for an exchange?

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this. I hope you could enlighten me a bit. I reside outside the US and dealing with Amazon is pleasant but the long wait always bothers me.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Light Level 6-1.jpg
Views:	1185
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	102640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Light Level 12-2.jpg
Views:	1267
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	102641   Click image for larger version

Name:	Light Level 24-2.jpg
Views:	1023