View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #14
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Just to be clear (I think it's clear, but some more casual observers may not realise it), this is not a poll on whether we should add new categories. This isn't a one-and-done, if it passes we get new categories, if it doesn't we don't, sort of thing.

Whether this passes or not, we will still have votes later on for which categories we should remove, including possibly the second classic.

Consider voting for the second option to allow repeats because of the ambiguity of this rule and because if you don't want a second classic, it's cleaner to vote it down in its own poll.

Quote:
Potential other categories include, but are not limited to (I think all of these have been mentioned in the discussions at some point or another):
Here are two more that were mentioned that you could add:

-Drama (not plays) - We could really use a category for "normal" plots, no wizards, no aliens, no serial killers, etc. We currently have no category that could fit in many good books because the plots don't fall into some special genre, so this category could fill that hole.

-Adventure - As in, travelling, exploring, etc. It could include books from say, Crocodile on the Sandbank, to The Princess Bride, to Indiana Jones type stories, to spy thrillers such as James Bond, to westerns, to even The Odyssey. I think it could be a great category.

So in a way travel was mentioned in passing but I also like the idea of a specifically travel category too. Perhaps it could be Adventure/Travel? Maybe one sounds more fiction and the other more non-fiction but it could be interesting having a category with a mixture of the two on the same subject.

Also, I like classics split by age. Perhaps we could do 20th century classics and pre-20th century classics or something similar? But, what do you mean by classics by popularity?
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote