View Single Post
Old 09-19-2007, 04:29 PM   #25
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by andym View Post
Can i just make a geeky comment? I know I'm being an html snob, but the html produced by BookDesigner is truly truly horrible. It breaks just about all of the rules for writing valid html (no paragraph tags! no heading tags!).

I don't think this is entirely an issue of snobbery. Future ebook formats will be based on xhtml and while i suspect they will need to work with non-valid xhtml it's got to be an advantage to start with a properly marked-up reference source text as the basis.

OK flame me now.
I believe you are correct. <DIV> is used a lot without a <p> tag which messes with lots of generation programs. I know I fed the results into
ebook publisher and it had to auto add a bunch of <p> tags.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote