View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 04:38 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
My guess is that Apple have an eye on eBook readers, but that the technology isn't there yet to let them produce an eBook readers that Mr Jobs would be happy with.

I think we will see an ebook reader and an ebook store from Apple, but not for a couple of years, at least.

Paul
I agree. I think when we have a screen that's easy to read and power saving like e-ink but is also color and fast enough to support more variety of applications, we'll see Apple in the market. I don't think it will be a dedicated reader. I don't think dedicated readers will be with us long term. I'm guessing that when the technology gets better, we'll see more multifunction devices that are great for reading.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote