View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The oracular Mr Jobs has told us all that "people don't read", so an Apple eBook reader ain't gonna happen.
I suspect that Mr Jobs said that only because Apple doens't have an eBook Reader device, just like he said that no-one would want to watch video on an iPod screen, when Apple didn't do a video iPod.

Apple was one of the first into PCs, and one of the first with graphical interface. But they're not always first. The iPod certainly wasn't the first MP3 player, nor the iPhone the first mobile phone/MP3 player.

My guess is that Apple have an eye on eBook readers, but that the technology isn't there yet to let them produce an eBook readers that Mr Jobs would be happy with.

I think we will see an ebook reader and an ebook store from Apple, but not for a couple of years, at least.

Paul
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote