Thread: Jo Nesbo
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2012, 11:19 AM   #8
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synamon View Post
Coincidentally, I started The Redbreast last night. It's the first Nesbo I've read. I'll report back once I've finished, so far I'm finding the flashbacks and disjointed timeline a bit jarring.
The disconnected timeline continued to be annoying, especially since there were so many similar characters in the Eastern Front section that I couldn't keep track (intentional so that you couldn't guess who the baddie was, but still frustrating). Eventually the timelines merged and the story raced towards the climax. Coincidentally, this was the third Nazi era mystery I've read this month and the point of view of Norwegian soldiers fighting on the German side at the Eastern Front was fascinating. I enjoyed the second half of the book and will carry on with the series.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote